It's like my grandfather always told me: Mike, when life hands you Lemons, ask for a paternity test.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Waiting

I am sitting at a desk in Provo, about to teach an elementary school in South Korea. How interesting is that? With my new job and today's technology, I can reach out and talk to people across the world. But there is also points of disconnection.
Take for instance earlier today (by earlier I mean at 1:30 in the morning). I am teaching a young man in ChangYang Middle School, when his connection stopped. I tried calling several times, but to no avail. I lost connection.
I thought about this in terms of human interaction. How often do I "disconnect," meaning lose interest or focus. I may be present, but there is no communication.
Those are just some quick thoughts; I'll flesh them out later.

No comments:

Post a Comment